Score update 2022-11-29 >
Phase 2: Battle Beacon Scores (2022-11-29)
|Battle Beacon Point Value||372,770||383,667|
Score update 2022-11-12 >
With a Total Score of 268 to 118, the Epiphany Dawn: LA Anomaly was captured by the Enlightened. Excellent work by both Factions. The Enlightened are now one step closer to learning who or what the Shapers are, and what lies on the other side of the Portal Network. The Epiphany Dawn Anomaly Series continues in Phase 2 on Nov 18-28 globally, and Phase 3 on Dec 10 in Yokohama, JP.
Phase 1: Shard Scores (2022-11-12)
Please note that 2 Resistance Target Portals did not go live as scheduled. We are investigating the cause, but did not change the Shard Scores.
Phase 1: Battle Beacon Scores (2022-11-12)
Phase 1: Connected Cell Scores (2022-11-12)
|PA07-SIERRA-08 (Christchurch, NZ)||8||2|
|AS16-SIERRA-00 (Fukuoka, JP)||9||1|
|AS09-LIMA-13 (Singapore, SG)||7||3|
|NR02-FOXTROT-11 (Krakow, PL)||2||8|
|NR02-GOLF-12 (Essen/Dusseldorf, DE)||1||9|
|NR03-JULIET-04 (Glasgow, UK)||10||0|
|AF07-ROMEO-12 (Lisbon, PT)||1||9|
|AM01-LIMA-01 (New York, US)||7||3|
|AM12-SIERRA-13 (Brasilia, BR)||5||5|
|AM08-LIMA-15 (Bogota, CO)||0||10|
Original Message >
IQTech has detected anomalous readings that indicate a 3-Phase Epiphany Dawn Anomaly Series:
- Phase 1: Los Angeles, CA, US. 12 Nov 2022
- Phase 2: Global Impact. 18-28 Nov 2022
- Phase 3: Yokohama, Japan. 10 Dec 2022
There is also an unknown signal or echo that we are monitoring, but have not been able to conclusively identify. We ask for Agents’ help at the Epiphany Dawn: Los Angeles Anomaly to be on the lookout for any unusual sightings in the Ingress Scanner.
It is now clear that the 2022 XM Anomaly Series medals – Kureze Effect; Kythera; Superposition; Epiphany Dawn – represent a Power Cube collapsing in on itself. A collapsed (or exploded?) Power Cube at the Niantic Project is thought to have been the catalyst for the Ingress Scanner leaking to the public 10 years ago.
If the Enlightened capture the Epiphany Dawn Anomaly Series, then together we will open K’s Power Cube and learn who or what the Shapers really are.
If the Resistance capture the Epiphany Dawn Anomaly series, then we close K’s Power Cube, and they keep this knowledge to themselves forever.
Like Pandora’s box, Agents, this decision is yours to make. Good luck.
Epiphany Dawn Phases 1-3
Epiphany Dawn: Phase 1 occurs Saturday, 12 November in Los Angeles, CA, US. It also includes 10 Connected Cells active in Septicycle 2022.43, with the final Checkpoint at 08:00 Sat 12 Nov UTC.
Epiphany Dawn: Phase 2 occurs globally from Friday, 18 November 2022 17:00 UTC (09:00 PST) to Monday, 28 November 2022 17:00 UTC (09:00 PST), via Agent-deployed Rare or Very Rare Battle Beacons.
Epiphany Dawn: Phase 3 occurs Saturday, 10 December in Yokohama, Japan. It also includes 10 Connected Cells active in Septicycle 2022.46, with the final Checkpoint at 05:00 Sun 4 Dec UTC. The 10 Regional Cells for Phase 3 will be announced soon.
Epiphany Dawn Anomaly Series Scoring
The Epiphany Dawn Anomaly Series final score will be the cumulative total points earned from these 3 Phases, across 1,000 total points:
Phase 1: Los Angeles, CA, US. 12 November 2022. This Primary Site will be worth a total of 400 points:
- 170 points from Anomaly Zone Battle Beacons
- 130 points from Anomaly Zone Flash Shards
- 100 points from 10 Connected Cells
Phase 2: Global Impact. 18-28 November 2022. This Global Event will be worth a total of 200 points from any Battle Beacons, including Agent-deployed Battle Beacons.
Phase 3: Yokohama, Japan. 10 December 2022. This Primary Site will be worth a total of 400 points:
- 170 points from Anomaly Zone Battle Beacons
- 130 points from Anomaly Zone Flash Shards
- 100 points from 10 Connected Cells
Epiphany Dawn: Phase 1 - Los Angeles, CA
The following events will be activated for on-site participants in LA:
Friday, 11 November 2022
- Epiphany Dawn Meetup at Homage Brewery from 16:00 to 20:00 PST. Agents can purchase and pick up Epiphany Dawn: LA Supporter Kits and Year 10 Anniversary merch.
- NIA TKO Stealth Ops (hosted by GORUCK) for ticket holders from 17:00 PST. Agents successfully completing this event on-site will earn 1 increment on the “Stealth Ops” medal. A separate ticket is required and is available here.
Saturday, 12 November 2022
- Join your Faction and take a stand. Sign up for more info from your Faction's Team Leads. Enlightened: ENL.rocks/edla. Resistance: losangeles.willbe.blue.
- NIA TKO Urban Ops (hosted by GORUCK) for ticket holders from 10:00 PST. Agents successfully completing this event on-site will earn a tick towards the “Urban Ops” medal. A separate ticket is required and is available here.
- ANOMALY: Rare Battle Beacons on Anomaly Zone Portals are deployed by NIASection14.
- The mobile research lab NL-1331X and its Portal. Successfully hacking the “NL-1331” Portal from 10:00 to 22:00 will earn 1 increment on the “NL-1331 Meetups” medal. Please note that this is not pushed upon hacking; the NL-1331 Meetups medal will be granted within 1 week of the event.
- Ingress Epiphany Dawn: LA Supporter Kits and Year 10 Anniversary merch at [LA State Historic Park](1245 N Spring St) from 17:00 to 18:00. Note: You do not need an after party ticket to collect your merch. You can also purchase Ingress merch online and pick up same-day.
- CROSS-FACTION AFTER PARTY at LA State Historic Park from 17:00 to 20:00 for ticket holders. Tickets are available here, and programming includes:
- Ingress Year 10 briefing and thank you messages.
- Agent Stats competition and giveaway.
- Epiphany Dawn LA Anomaly score announcement.
- [VIP] Included Epiphany Dawn: LA merch. This is not the Supporter Kit but is separate LA merch included with the VIP ticket.
- [VIP] Meet & Greet with Niantic’s Ingress team.
- [VIP] Meet & Greet and private signing with Hank Johnson.
Sunday, 13 November 2022
- MISSION DAY - registration-free, verification-free, and ticket-free. Complete 6 or more Epiphany Dawn: MD LA 2022 Mission Day missions from 00:00 to 23:59 to earn 1 increment on the “Mission Day” medal. The Mission Day medal increment is automatic after completing 6 MD LA 2022 missions. You can use the “NIA” mission filter to view nearby MD LA 2022 missions. You can also view a Google My Map here.
- Epiphany Dawn Group Photo at LA State Historic Park at 9:45.
- Operation Clear Field (hosted by GORUCK) for ticket holders from 10:00. Agents successfully completing this event on-site will earn 1 increment on the “Operation Clear Field” medal. Tickets available here.
Phase 1: Distribution of Additional Anomaly Intelligence
By winning LA Stealth Ops Challenges:
- By winning individual Challenges, at the discretion of the Stealth Ops cadre, a Faction may be awarded valuable Anomaly intel including but not limited to:
- Names and locations of Shard Target Portals and spawn times.
- Names and locations of Shard Portals and spawn times.
- The winning Faction of LA Stealth Ops has the right to insert 1 additional Shard Movement Window to the defined LA Flash Shard Battle by informing the NIA of the hour-minute (hh:mm) of their choice before 12 November 12:00. Their choice will be accepted as long as it does not overlap with any item on the defined procedure, is between 13:41 and 16:19 inclusive, and agreed unanimously amongst the 2 POCs of the winning Faction. Their choice will not be communicated to any member of the other Faction by the NIA, with the exception of NIA staff, on a need-to-know basis.
By winning LA Urban Ops Challenges:
- By winning individual Challenges, at the discretion of the Urban Ops cadre, a Faction may be awarded valuable Anomaly Intelligence including but not limited to:
- Names and locations of Volatile Portals and Wave numbers.
Phase 1: Scoring Connected Cells
There will be 10 Connected Cells active in Septicycle 2022.43, with the final Checkpoint at 08:00 UTC Sat 12 November.
- PA07-SIERRA-08 (Christchurch, NZ)
- AS16-SIERRA-00 (Fukuoka, JP)
- AS09-LIMA-13 (Singapore, SG)
- NR02-FOXTROT-11 (Krakow, PL)
- NR02-GOLF-12 (Essen/Dusseldorf, DE)
- NR03-JULIET-04 (Glasgow, UK)
- AF07-ROMEO-12 (Lisbon, PT)
- AM01-LIMA-01 (New York, US)
- AM12-SIERRA-13 (Brasilia, BR)
- AM08-LIMA-15 (Bogota, CO)
The Regional Score of each selected Connected Cell will be measured with the last Checkpoint of Septicycle 2022.43 at 08:00 UTC on Sat 12 November. Each Faction will earn a proportion of 10 points available for each Connected Cell based on the overall score for Septicycle 2022.43.
Phase 1: NIA Procedure for Anomaly Zone Rare Battle Beacons
The 4-hour period from 13:00 to ~16:45 local time will be divided into 9 waves of Rare Battle Beacons across the Anomaly Zone. Please note that these times are approximate and may vary slightly:
- Battle Beacon Wave 1 - 13:00-13:25
- Battle Beacon W2 - 13:25-13:50
- Battle Beacon W3 - 13:50-14:15
- Battle Beacon W4 - 14:15-14:40
- Battle Beacon W5 - 14:40-15:05
- Battle Beacon W6 - 15:05-15:30
- Battle Beacon W7 - 15:30-15:55
- Battle Beacon W8 - 15:55-16:20
- Battle Beacon W9 - 16:20-16:45
Rare Battle Beacons will be deployed by NIASection14. A subset of Anomaly Zone Portals will be activated as Volatile Portals that are high-value targets worth 3X more points.
Anomaly Zone Portals will be ornamented before and during the Anomaly.
Phase 1: Scoring Anomaly Zone Battle Beacons
A Cluster Portal is worth a total of 2+3+4=9 Points. Battle Beacon Points are not affected by Category Score. For example, if the Enlightened capture Checkpoint 1 and the Resistance capture Checkpoints 2 and 3 of a Cluster Portal, then ENL 2, RES 7.
A Volatile Cluster Portal is worth a total of 6+9+12=27 Points. Battle Beacon Points are not affected by Category Score. For example, if the Enlightened capture Checkpoint 1 and the Resistance capture Checkpoints 2 and 3 of a Volatile Portal, then ENL 6, RES 21.
The final raw score for each Faction will be its maximum score from any of the Beacon Battle Waves during the Anomaly Period. 170 points will be distributed proportionally between the Factions, depending on their final raw score.
As an example, at an Anomaly where the 9 Beacon Battle Waves returned the following:
|Wave 1||ENL: 250||RES: 200|
|Wave 2||ENL: 315||RES: 100|
|Wave 3||ENL: 100||RES: 250|
|Wave 4||ENL: 100||RES: 300|
|Wave 5||ENL: 250||RES: 200|
|Wave 6||ENL: 300||RES: 100|
|Wave 7||ENL: 100||RES: 350|
|Wave 8||ENL: 100||RES: 300|
|Wave 9||ENL: 100||RES: 300|
In this example, the maximum Enlightened score of 315 Points would be paired against the maximum Resistance score of 350 Points.
The final score pairing would then be ENL: 315 to RES: 350, and the 170 points distributed to the two Factions would be 81 to the Enlightened, and 89 to the Resistance.
Phase 1: Flash Shard Behavior Pattern
- Both Shards and Target Portals will only materialize on identified Anomaly Zone Portals; however, Shards can travel along Links to any Portal.
- All Portals across the Anomaly Zone will be active for Shards throughout the Anomaly window. For each Target spawn, the Targets may be anywhere in the Anomaly Zone. Likewise, for each Shard spawn, the Shards may spawn anywhere in the Anomaly Zone.
- Shards will only travel along Links connecting two Portals of L4 or higher.
- If multiple viable Links exist, a Shard may travel on any one of those Links. If multiple Shards are present on a Portal, they may each travel along different Links. Shards will not return or backtrack to a Portal they were previously located on within the past 25 minutes.
- In the event that a Shard has not traveled along any Link within the past 25 minutes, it may randomly teleport to a nearby Portal at the next Movement Window.
- Shards will stop traveling and will remain locked once they reach a Target Portal, regardless of any change in Faction ownership of the Target Portal.
- If a Shard movement is found to have been the result of actions by a rogue Agent, NIA Ops may return the Shard to a previous location.
Phase 1: NIA Procedure for Anomaly Zone Flash Shards
- At 13:30, 4x ENL Target Portals and 4x RES Target Portals will materialize
- At 13:31, 13x Shards will materialize (Number 1 to 13)
- Starting at 13:40, all Shards will begin traveling along eligible Links approximately every 10 minutes. Note: there may be 1 extra Shard Movement inserted by the winning Faction of Stealth Ops
- At 13:51, 13x Shards will materialize (Number 14 to 26)
- At 14:11, 4x ENL Target Portals and 4x RES Target Portals will materialize
- At 14:31, 13x Shards will materialize (Number 27 to 39)
- At 14:51, 4x ENL Target Portals and 4x RES Target Portals will materialize
- At 15:11, 13x Shards will materialize (Number 40 to 52)
- At 15:31, 13x Shards will materialize (Number 53 to 65)
- The last Shard Movement will occur at approximately 16:40
- At 16:49, all Shards will dematerialize
- At 16:50, all Target Portals will dematerialize
Phase 1: Scoring Flash Shards
There will be 65 Shards at 2 Points per Shard, so 130 total points from Anomaly Zone Flash Shards are at stake. Securing a Shard on your Faction’s Target Portal earns 2 Points per Shard.
The first 6 Shards secured on a Faction’s Target Portal will score 2 Points per Shard (max 12 Points per Target Portal) for that Faction, regardless of which Faction controlled that Target Portal at the time of the Shard landing. Any additional Shards after the sixth Shard on a given Target Portal are scored at 0 Points.
Epiphany Dawn Anomaly Series medal
Any Agent who has interacted with 10 or more NIA-deployed Battle Beacons in Phase 1 in LA, any Battle Beacons including Agent-deployed Battle Beacons in Phase 2 globally, or NIA-deployed Battle Beacons in Phase 3 in Yokohama will earn the in-app Epiphany Dawn medal.
This medal will be awarded after an Agent has reached 10 qualifying Battle Beacon interactions, as described above. Agents who have already earned the in-app Epiphany Dawn medal in an earlier event phase will not receive a second Epiphany Dawn medal.
An Epiphany Dawn Agent Stat will be added to your Agent Profile for the duration of the Epiphany Dawn Anomaly Series to help you monitor your individual progress.
Phase 2: Scoring Agent-deployed Battle Beacons
In Phase 1, Agent-deployed Battle Beacons will not impact the Epiphany Dawn: LA score. In Phase 1, interacting with Agent-deployed Battle Beacons will not earn the Epiphany Dawn medal. No Agent-deployed Battle Beacons, even if deployed in the active Cluster, will be scored.
In Phase 2, any Rare and Very Rare Battle Beacons including Agent-deployed Battle Beacons will be worth a total of 200 points globally, to be distributed to the two Factions according to the ratio of total Battle Beacon Point Values earned, no impact of Category or CAT score. Agents scanning Portals to initiate a NIASection14-deployed Battle Beacon through Portal Scans will also count in Phase 2. 10 Battle Beacon interactions during any Phase, including Phase 2, will grant the Epiphany Dawn medal.
For example, if all Agent-deployed Battle Beacons during the Event Window total to ENL 450,000 vs RES 550,000, then the point distribution will be ENL 90, RES 110.
Additionally, from Friday, 11 Nov 2022 1700 UTC to Monday, 14 Nov 2022 1700 UTC:
- Links shorter than 8km in length can be created under Fields
Also available in the Ingress Store during the Epiphany Dawn Anomaly Series:
- The “1 ADA Refactor and 1 JARVIS Virus (3000 CMU)” bundle will be available on the Ingress Store, limited to 1 per Agent
- Limited-time Epiphany Dawn Loadout Kit with Niantic Project Archives re-release of the Hank Johnson 2015 medal (30800 CMU)
- Limited-time Epiphany Dawn Loadout Kit with Niantic Project Archives re-release of the P. A. Chapeau 2015 medal (30800 CMU)
As always, please remember to be aware of your surroundings. We encourage Agents to follow local health and safety guidelines when playing Ingress, such as wearing masks and maintaining 2m social distancing.
— The Ingress Team