NIA has confirmed detection of a 5-Phase Discoverie Anomaly Series:
Phase 1: 14 Oct 2023
- Primary Site: Madrid, Spain
- Satellite Site: Taichung, Taiwan
- Satellite Site: Curitiba, Brazil
Phase 2: 15 Oct to 17 Nov 2023
- Global Operation: “Discoverie Kinetic Challenge”
Phase 3: 18 Nov 2023
- Primary Site: Bangkok, Thailand
- Satellite Site: Palermo, Italy
- Satellite Site: Atlanta, GA, USA
Phase 4: 19 Nov to 15 Dec 2023
- Global Operation: “Discoverie Reclaimer Challenge”
Phase 5: 16 Dec 2023
- Primary Site: Honolulu, HI, USA
- Satellite Site: Colombo, Sri Lanka
- Satellite Site: İzmir, Turkey
Discoverie Anomaly Series Scoring
The final outcome of the Discoverie Anomaly Series will be based on the total points accrued by each Faction from each Phase. The Faction with the higher final score will claim the Series.
Each Phase will contribute to this final score in the following manner:
Phases 1, 3 and 5: 1,000 Points available (divided between one Primary site and two Satellite sites) per Phase. Phases 2 and 4:: The winning Factions of these Phases will receive a 1.331x Multiplier to the following Phase’s score as it applies to the Anomaly Series score.
As an example of how the multipliers will work: A Faction won Phase 2, and then received 500 Points in Phase 3. Their combined input to the Discoverie final scores will be 500 x 1.331 = 665.5
Anomaly Site Scoring
For Phases 1, 3 and 5, each Primary Site will be worth a total of 600 points:
- 300 points from Anomaly Zone Event: Battle Beacons
- 300 points from Anomaly Zone Event: Flash Shards
while each Satellite Site will be worth a total of 200 scoring points:
- 100 points from Anomaly Zone Event: Battle Beacons
- 100 points from Anomaly Zone Event: Flash Shards
These Series Scoring points will be allotted proportionally based on the Factions’ performance during each of the two On-Site Anomaly Events.
In the event of site/phase cancellations, the site/phase will have no impact on the Series Score.
Global Operation Scoring
Phase 2, a Global Operation, will count the total number of Agents claiming 30 or more Kinetic Programs, by Faction, during the operation window.
Kinetic Program Claims between 00:00:00 15 Oct 2023 UTC and 23:59:59 17 Nov 2023 UTC will be measured, and the Faction with the higher number of Agents claiming 30 or more Kinetic Programs will earn a 1.331x Multiplier towards their Phase 3 scores.
Kinetic Programs that are in an incomplete state, or in a complete state but not yet claimed, will not be measured.
The winner of Phase 2 will be revealed alongside the final score for Phase 3. One score status will be posted around the midpoint of the Phase.
In order to earn the Discoverie Anomaly Medal for participation in this challenge, an Agent must Claim 30 or more Kinetic Programs during the Operation timeframe.
Phase 4, a Global Operation, will count the total number of Agents Reclaiming 100 or more Machina Portals, by Faction, during the operation window.
Machina Portals Reclaimed between 00:00:00 19 Nov 2023 UTC and 23:59:59 15 Dec 2023 UTC will be measured, and the Faction with the higher number of Agents Reclaiming 100 or more Machina Portals will earn a 1.331x Multiplier towards their Phase 5 scores.
Only Machina Portals that are Reclaimed will be measured (Machina Portal must be destroyed and then captured).
The winner of Phase 4 will be revealed alongside the final score for Phase 5. One score status will be posted around the midpoint of the Phase.
In order to earn the Discoverie Anomaly Medal for participation in this challenge, an Agent must Reclaim 100 or more Machina Portals during the Operation timeframe.
For both Global Operation Phases, the 1.331x multiplier impact will be rounded to a whole number.
Anomaly Sites: Portal Battle with Battle Beacons
A three hour Portal Battle will take place at Anomaly Zone Portals using NIA deployed Rare Battle Beacons. Anomaly Zone Portals will be ornamented before and during the Anomaly.
The Final Score of the Portal Battle will be used to proportionally divide either 300 (Primary) or 100 (Satellite) Points available
The 3-hour period from 14:00 to 17:00 local time will be divided into 7 waves of Rare Battle Beacons deployments. These times are approximate and may vary slightly:
- Battle Beacon Wave 1 - 14:00 - 14:25
- Battle Beacon Wave 2 - 14:25 - 14:50
- Battle Beacon Wave 3 - 14:50 - 15:15
- Battle Beacon Wave 4 - 15:15 - 15:40
- Battle Beacon Wave 5 - 15:40 - 16:05
- Battle Beacon Wave 6 - 16:05 - 16:30
- Battle Beacon Wave 7 - 16:30 - 16:55
Rare Battle Beacons will be deployed by
NIASection14. A subset of Anomaly Zone Portals will be activated as Volatile Portals that are high-value targets worth 3x points.
Battle Beacons are scored across 3 checkpoints, 3 minutes apart. Each checkpoint contributes a score towards that Battle Beacon’s final score, and the score contribution increases at each checkpoint.
Each non-Volatile Battle Beacon is worth a total of 2+3+4=9 Points. Category Classification will have no impact. For example, if the Enlightened captures Checkpoint 1 and the Resistance captures Checkpoints 2 and 3 of a non-Volatile Battle Beacon, the battle result will be ENL 2, RES 7 (3+4).
Each Volatile Battle Beacon is worth a total of 6+9+12=27 Points. Category Classification will have no impact.. For example, if the Enlightened captures Checkpoint 1 and the Resistance captures Checkpoints 2 and 3 of a Volatile Battle Beacon, the battle result will be ENL 6, RES 21 (9+12).
The final score for each Faction in the Portal Battle will be its maximum score from any of the Beacon Battle Waves during the Anomaly Period, after any score modification applied by the winning Faction of Urban Ops. 100 points (Satellite Sites) or 300 points (Primary Sites) will be distributed proportionally between the Factions, based on their final raw score.
As an example, at an Anomaly where the seven Beacon Battle Waves result in the following, with the ENL winning Urban Ops and choose to boost the ENL score at Wave 5:
||ENL: 250 +10% = 275
In this example,the maximum Enlightened score of 315 Points would be paired against the maximum Resistance score of 350 Points.
These two values (315 and 350) would then be used to proportionally divide the points available for this event among the two Factions. For a Satellite site the 100 scoring points distributed to the two Factions would be 47 to the Enlightened and 53 to the Resistance, while for a Primary site the 300 scoring points distributed to the two Factions would be 142 to the Enlightened and 158 to the Resistance. These scores are rounded to whole numbers*
NIA Procedure for Anomaly Zone Flash Shards
The number of Target Portals per Faction manifesting at 13:59 local time during an Anomaly Zone will depend on the expected XM intensity.
In Anomaly Zones with 4 Target Portals per Faction, a total of 20 Shards will appear in batches of 2. At a Satellite Site, each Shard will contribute 5 points towards the Event at this site. At a Primary Site, each Shard will contribute 15 points towards the Event at this site.
In Anomaly Zones with 10 Target Portals per Faction, a total of 50 Shards will appear in batches of 5. At a Satellite Site, each Shard will contribute 2 points towards the Event at this site. At a Primary Site, each Shard will contribute 6 points towards the Event at this site.
The first five (5) Shards secured on a Faction's Target Portal will be scored in full for that Faction, regardless of which Faction controlled the Portal at the time of the Shard landing. Any additional Shards secured after the fifth Shard on a given Target Portal are worth zero (0) scoring points.
Shards and Target Portals will be scheduled as follows (local time):
- At 13:59, all Target Portals will materialize
- Starting at 14:06, batches of Shards will materialize at 15 minutes intervals
- Starting at 14:09, all Shards will begin traveling along eligible Links approximately every 10 minutes. Note: there may be an extra Shard Movement inserted by the winning Faction of Stealth Ops
- The last Shard Movement will occur at approximately 16:59
- All Shards and Target Portals will dematerialize around 18:00
Shard Behavior Pattern
- Shards will look like this:
- Enlightened Target Portals will look like this:
- Resistance Target Portals will look like this:
- Both Shards and Target Portals will only materialize on identified Anomaly Zone Portals; however, Shards can travel along Links to any Portal.
- Target Portals and Shards may spawn anywhere within the Anomaly Zone
- Shards will only travel along Links connecting two Portals of L4 or higher.
- If multiple viable Links exist, a Shard may travel on any one of those Links. If multiple Shards are present on a Portal, they may each travel along different Links. Shards will not return or backtrack to a Portal they were previously located on within the past 25 minutes.
- In the event that a Shard has not traveled along any Link within the past 25 minutes, it may randomly teleport to a nearby Portal at the next Movement Window.
- Shards will stop traveling and will remain locked once they reach a Target Portal, regardless of any change in Faction ownership of the Target Portal.
- If a Shard movement is found to have been the result of actions by a rogue Agent, NIA Ops may return the Shard to a previous location.
Discoverie Anomaly Series medal
Onsite Anomalies (Phases 1, 3 and 5):
Any Agent who has interacted with 5 or more
NIASection14-deployed Battle Beacons to Discoverie Anomaly Zones will earn the in-app Discoverie medal. Agents are considered interacting with a Battle Beacon if they:
- Deploy or Upgrade Resonator (note: upgrading one’s own Resonators does not count)
- Attack or Destroy Resonator
- Destroy Portal Mod
- Destroy Link
- Recharge Resonator (note: this includes Remote Recharge)
This medal will be awarded after an Agent has reached 5 qualifying Battle Beacon interactions. Agents who have already earned the in-app Discoverie medal in an earlier event phase or site will not receive a second Discoverie medal.
An Discoverie Agent Stat will be added to your Agent Profile for the duration of the Discoverie Anomaly Series to help you monitor your individual progress.
Global Operations (Phases 2 and 4):
Any Agent who completes the minimum contribution towards the Global Operation (30 or more Kinetic Programs claimed in Phase 2, 100 or more Machina Portals Reclaimed in Phase 4) will earn the in-app Discoverie medal.
An Discoverie Agent Stat will be added to your Agent Profile for the duration of the Discoverie Global Operations to help you monitor your individual progress.
## Linking under Fields Links shorter than 8km in length can be created under Fields during the following periods: - from Friday, 13 Oct 2023 1700 UTC to Monday, 16 Oct 2023 1700 UTC - from Friday, 17 Nov 2023 1700 UTC to Monday, 20 Nov 2023 1700 UTC - from Friday, 15 Dec 2023 1700 UTC to Monday, 18 Dec 2023 1700 UTC