In a stunning display of scientific prowess, earlier this year, Akira Tsukasa and Devra Bogdanovich joined forces to launch an assault against the Machina Portal infection. Their experiment brought a fleeting moment of respite, only to be shattered by a resurgence of this formidable foe.
The scientific pursuit has not ended. Newly acquired intelligence unveils an audacious experiment these two visionaries have set in motion. A precarious venture—one with the potential to reverberate not only through the realm of Machina but to the very essence of our own reality itself.
Should their experiment succeed, we may find ourselves faced with transformation: Our universe transcending a boundary and propelling us, in 2024, into an alternate dimension laden with unknown perils and possibilities.
The details of this experimental operation are as follows:
From Wednesday, 6 December 2023, 00:00 UTC to Saturday, 6 January 2024, 00:00 UTC, earn the Chronos medal by accumulating Event Points through the following qualifying actions:
- 1 Overclock Hack Point = 2 Chronos Points
- 1 Portal Capture = 1 Chronos Point
- 1 Mod Deploy = 1 Chronos Point
A new metric “Operation Chronos Points” will be added to your Agent Profile for the duration of Operation Chronos to help you monitor your own progress.
The Chronos Medal is a 2-tiered medal:
- Silver: 5,000 points
- Bronze: 500 points
Overclock Hack Points function as follows:
- 5 Overclock Hack points for each successful Reality Calibration, and a 1x multiplier on the points for completing a correct Glyph sequence, as listed below. Failed Calibration results in a 0.25x multiplier on the below Glyph sequence points (rounded up).
- 1 Overclock Hack points for getting all Glyphs correct on a 1-Glyph Overclock sequence
- 2 Overclock Hack points for getting all Glyphs correct on a 2-Glyph Overclock sequence
- 4 Overclock Hack points for getting all Glyphs correct on a 3-Glyph Overclock sequence
- 8 Overclock Hack points for getting all Glyphs correct on a 4-Glyph Overclock sequence
- 15 Overclock Hack points for getting all Glyph corrects on a 5-Glyph Overclock sequence
- If an Agent achieves successful Reality calibration, but does not successfully complete a Glyph sequence, they will earn the Overclock Hack points for the calibration (5 Overclock Hack points)
- If an Agent does not achieve Reality calibration, but successfully completes a Glyph sequence, they will earn the Overclock Hack points for the Glyph sequence (up to 4 Overclock Hack points: 15 points from a 5-Glyph sequence * 0.25, rounded up)
- A successful 5-Glyph Overclock Hack with successful Reality Calibration may earn an Agent 20 Overclock Hack Points